
When I woke up on Saturday morning, I thought the most special thing that was going to happen that day was the veggie omelet we made for breakfast. But of course, Jeremy had other plans! He thought it would be fun to take a half-day trip to Skaneatles (pronounced, for whatever reason, skinny-atlas), a little village on the north shore of Skaneatles Lake. Our first drive out of Syracuse, and our first trip to a Finger Lake. And we loved it!Skaneatles Lake is apparently the cleanest lake in the country, according to the locals. I hope its clean, because that's where Syracuse gets its drinking water. :) But there's no denying that the water is extremely clear and blue, and we enjoyed having a picnic at a lakeshore park (one that, incidentally, prohibited picnicking, but we were not alone...) then walking around the shoreline and the village. Skaneatles Village is a quaint little tourist stop, full of restaurants and boutique stores. Jeremy is always a good sport to follow me into little shops and feign a mild interest, which I appreciate.
At any rate, we feel very comfortable in saying we will make several more trips to Skaneatles. It's only 20 miles from Syracuse, yet it feels worlds away. Add that to the fact that the Clintons themselves vacationed there for a week in 1999. A perfect vacation spot! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment