Monday, February 12, 2007

How Comforting...

Clara is an extremely good-natured baby, which means that so far my anxiety and neuroses have yet to impact her negatively. Good for us! For the last several nights, we've put Clara down for the night groggy yet awake, and with nary a peep she puts herself to sleep. All she needs is a pacifier, and if she spits that out she manages to comfort herself with her fists. As you can see in this picture, a sleepy Clara likes to comfort herself by sucking on one hand and playing with her hair with the other (it also helps if she's within range of her favorite crib toy, Tu-tu Chew). What a tender baby!
















Aside from Clara's sleep habits, life is plugging along much as it ever does in our house. Last week I discovered a great used bookstore not too far from home called Books End. I only had a few dollars and a few minutes, but I can see myself going back again and again. Books are a definite weakness.

Syracuse has gotten a decent amount of snow in the last week, but we're about 15-20 miles outside the weather you've been hearing about on the news. Some places north of us have had nearly 11 feet of snow in one week! It makes our 12-18 inches seem downright paltry by comparison!


2 comments:

Megan said...

I must say, I'm highly impressed by your use of nary and paltry all in one post! And Clara sure is cute, can't wait until May!

MOM/SUSAN said...

How can you stand it? She's just so cute and I LOVE how she's comforting herself with a fist and a twist. Ohhh... It makes me miss her even more!