Today we mark the one-year anniversary of our arrival in scenic Syracuse, New York. How time flies! Of course, in so many ways it seems like yesterday we finally pulled up to Westcott Street after five days on the road to be greeted by the severe heat and humidity that seems to characterize May 31 in Central New York. But I will say that I never would have imagined then, staring at the gently sloping floors of our first, funky apartment here, that we would come to love Syracuse as much as we do today. Moving into our new apartment after four months certainly helped, but it's more than that. We've put down our roots here, much as we tried to do in Montana, and much as we hope to do wherever we live, regardless of duration. It's just our way: live your life in such a way that you're always sad to leave a place. I know we'll be sad to leave Syracuse when that day comes. But in the meantime, we'll melt on the hot days, freeze on the cold ones, and enjoy as much as we can of everything in between.



No comments:
Post a Comment