Sunday, June 17, 2007

Birthday Weekend, Take II


Jeremy has really treated me like a queen this weekend, especially if queens get to eat their weight in super tasty food! This morning I awakened to the delicious scent of an egg-bread-and-sausage breakfast casserole (as if yesterday's waffles with strawberries and cream weren't enough!). For lunch, he treated me to a picnic in the living room complete with sandwiches on artisan bread, our favorite baba ghanouj from Wegman's, and sparkling cider. To top it all off, he made forty-eight mini Funfetti cupcakes! Now I am ready for bed, having enjoyed not only my food but also the kind well-wishes from so many family and friends. Merci!

Incidentally, Jeremy has also, he says, had a nice Father's Day. I, for one, can't imagine a better dad. This picture is of his newly spruced campus office. Happy Father's Day!



3 comments:

Ellen Feus said...

Oh my! Clara is SO cute! I love her, and I haven't even met her! You look great too Rachel- nice haircut! Oh, and I love the reading list. I just read "House of Sand and Fog," which was great. Also, "The Glass Castle," which I would reccomend.

Megan said...

Good heavens. If Clara doesn't stop getting cuter by the day, I don't know what I'll do.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect photo of you and Clara! I'm happy you had such a wonderful birthday!