Thursday, July 19, 2007

Free-ninety-nine













Imagine our surprise--and elation--when we were driving home from having dinner with friends and found this beautiful TV cabinet sitting on the side of the road, lonely, waiting just for us. Syracuse definitely embraces the culture of putting unwanted items (usually junk) on the side of the road rather than being bothered with a drive to the Salvation Army. All the better for scavengers like us, apparently! We somehow managed to get about 1/3 of the armoire into our hatchback (I wish we'd taken a picture of that!) and also somehow managed to get home--slowly--with no incident. And now look at it! I have had to fight off the urge to troll the streets of Syracuse hoping for my next big find--like a mint condition leather armchair, for example.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Rachel, it's lovely! What a find! Good luck on your search for the perfect leather armchair...

Elder Richey said...

That's a great find!! I love the picture of your small television in your new cabinet because we have the exact same situation. Now if we could just find larger televisions sitting next to the road . . .