When I went in to the hospital for an extra non-stress test on Saturday, I had no idea that we'd have our baby just a few hours later. Nevertheless, our sweet Jonathan Samuel was born on Saturday, September 6 at 1:20. He weighed in at 6 pounds, 15 ounces and is 20 inches long. And despite being born four days earlier than we had planned, this was by far the least dramatic childbirth experience we've ever had! The surgery went very well, and we all came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, just hours after my mom arrived from Utah.
Here I am not long after getting the big news that we'd be having Jonathan in about an hour! Note the look of relief on my face. (The last couple of weeks have been anxiety inducing.)
My first time holding Jonathan.
What more is there to say? We are happy to be home together and enjoying our beautiful, healthy baby.

27 comments:
Well, get comfortable, because this comment could easily be as long as your post. Well, not really, but it shall be detailed. Well let's get into it, shall we? Let's shall.
1)He's perfect! I heard him screaming his little lungs out during a diaper change. It was great, and a little surreal to actual hear him!
2)Look at that little chin! Adorable!
3)Rachel, looking radiant as usual. Way to be.
4)Jeremy, also, from what I can tell, is looking radiant, or frightening.
5)Aww, and so sweet Momma and Son! And look Rachel, I think Jonathan might have inherited your lazy eye!
6)Look at that cute CB. She's such a big girl, and I'm sure once she gets use to the idea, she'll be a great older sister, just like her Momma is.
7)And, this last shot is a bit familiar. Check it out
Anyway, he's adorable. I can't wait to meet him!
I love you all!
Also I just want everyone to know how proud I am that I coded that link into that comment.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys!! He is beautiful!! YAY for Jonathan!!!
Congratulations, Brysons! So glad to hear the good news and thanks for sending the blog post my way. We hope to see you guys again sometime and meet handsome Jonathan. Clara is such a big girl now! So cute!
Congrats on your beautiful family!!!
Congrats! What a beautiful boy (get used to hearing that)! We are so happy for you and happy that everything went so well. Good luck on the recovery and on everything beyond. Yay!
Rachel,
Words cannot express how happy I am for your family. I have been so excited to hear how everything went (and hoping that it wouldn't be anything TOO exciting, if you know what I mean...), and I am so glad to hear that everything turned out NORMAL.
He is beautiful, and you and the rest of the family look great as well. It is always such a joy to see a mother with her new baby!
I can't wait to hear about Clara's new life as a big sister! I can tell you, it is a very special thing to see your baby become a big sister - seriously, now the fun really begins! The best is when they are old enough to interact and play, and you can hear them giggling together in the next room - oh, I am just so excited for you family!
I have been thinking about you all day today and even checked your blog eairlier this morning to see if anythings had happened yet!
I am so excited to hear that he is here safe and sound and that you are home!
He is just darling and so sweet! Words can not express how happy we are for you! I only wish I was close enough now to bring you dinner or something fun. CONGRATULATIONS! Love ya all!
Cute pictures! I'm glad everything went well! Congratulations!
Congratulations Rachel, Jeremy, and Clara! He's so handsome! I can't believe how far you got into your pregnancy, too. Way to go! Good luck and post more pictures soon.
I got all teary when I read your post. I couldn't be happier for you! Jonathan is beautiful and so are you. I hope to be calling you this afternoon with my own good news!
Love,
Julia
YEAH RACHIE!!! Congratulations! Your little boy is darling. Keep posting more. Hope these first few weeks go smoothly. Recovering from childbirth is not too easy:) Talk too you soon.
Oh Rachel, he is so BEAUTIFUL! I think he looks just like Jeremy, but that's just my opinion. I want to hold him so badly I can't even stand it! Congratulations on making it through the pregnancy, and I hope he's letting you get some sleep. LOVE YOU!
Oh, I am so happy for you all!!! Jonathan is ADORABLE. I was thinking about you all day yesterday and meant to check the blog to see what's going on. Can't wait to meet him eventhough I do not know when this will happen?!
How are you feeling?
I bet Clara is very excited!
Congrats again and may God watch over you as always.
So exciting. We are so happy for you. You guys deserve one good child birth experience seeing how much you have gone through. You are both such good people and I know that the Lord has prepared this sweet child to come to you. Maybe he could tell you sweet whisperings of how Sam is doing. They were probably good friends. Anyway, we are so happy for you. I knew it would happen sometime...just didn't know when. Congratulations!
Congratulations!! I am so happy for your family. Be sure to breathe that newborn smell in for me-it's one of my favorite smells ever. I hope your recovering and enjoying every precious moment.
Congratulations!! I am so glad that everything turned out so well and that everyone is healthy and happy. This is such great news!! I wish you guys all the best.
Congratulations on your sweet little family! Clara looks quite pleased in that picture. I have been following your blog for a bit now and have been keeping you in thoughts and prayers.
Congrats!
Suzi (Woolsey) Musser
Congratulations! He is adorable and I love the name!
Congratulations on the new arrival! I had no clue that you were that close to delivery. Your little Jonathan is such a handsome little guy and CB looks like one happy sister. I'm sure Sam is watching and is thrilled to see his baby brother in your arms. It will be hard, but try and get some sleep. A baby with a toddler running around can be a bit exhausting. I'm glad everything went so smoothly.
Congratulations! If I had had a 3rd boy he was going to be named Jonathan Samuel. Your baby Jonathan Samuel is adorable. Clara looks more beautiful than ever. I don't know how children do that. They're perfect, but they keep getting better! You and Jeremy look wonderful. I wish you the best.
Congratulations Rach! What a beautiful family you have!!! Prepare yourself for all those wonderful things that accompany a boy!!! They are fun!
Congrats to all! I dont think he could be any cuter! I though you were having him today - as you probably did also- I thought about you all day and then Scott told me the news. I love his name! Clara looks like she'll be a great help and teach himm all he needs to know. We cant wait to see more picts. Love you guys!
Congrats again! The pictures are great! I hope your recovery goes smoothly!
CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful baby boy!
Love,
Anhthy
Congratulations! I can't believe he's already here! I'm glad it was a relatively smooth experience for you guys.
he looks just like a w/b! so, so cute with that blond hair and the litte face. congratulations! congratulations! congratulations!
Post a Comment