Thursday, January 08, 2009

The update post


I have somehow misplaced my zest for blogging, but I'm on the lookout for it and am sure it will re-emerge sooner or later. In the meantime, for all my loyal readers (Hi, Mom!), please acccept these official updates:

Snow: As of this morning the official snow total here was 112.6 inches. If memory serves me, that is more that we had last year in the 'Cuse. To put this into perspective, the normal season-to-date total is a mere 31 inches. On the plus side, we have had two days of rain, which has led to messy conditions on the roads but has also caused most of the snow piled on our roof to melt or slide off. This is good for two reasons: 1) I don't have to worry that our house will be added to the list of collapsing buildings in the area; 2) I don't have to worry about Jeremy getting on the roof to shovel the snow (which means, by extension, that I also don't have to worry about becoming a widow this week, I think. At least the risk is greatly reduced).


Jonathan: Our sweetest of sweet babies is now four months old! He is a hefty 16 pounds, nine ounces and has an enviable physique. He sleeps for 10-11 hours at night, which makes our hearts melt. He can grab his toys and get them to his mouth, and he loves to stand up. And he still has one of the readiest smiles I've ever seen. I just love that baby!


Clara: Clara had a wonderful Christmas and still goes to sleep every night saying that Santa is going to come. She is saddened by the loss of our Christmas tree, which disappeared during her nap one day, but she takes comfort in playing with her new toys and sleeping in her big girl bed. She is still quite taken with the Nativity, and we enact it probably five days a week (I kid you not). If Jeremy is wearing his robe in the morning, Clara says, "Daddy's Joseph! Care-la's Mary! Where's baby Jesus, Mommy?" If you ask her what the angel said to the shepherds, she says, "Fear not! Glad tidings, great joy, all people!" And she likes to talk about the manger and how there was "no room a innd!" She's a good girl.

12 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

My heart has melted. The cutest of cute kids you have. Thank you for knowing that I love these blogs. Hurry up and find whatever it is you have to find and start loving blogging again. I'm still waiting for a picture of the new big girl bed with all of the books in the book nook.

Ericka said...

Such cute kids! Jonathan's smile is precious! When did he start sleeping thru the night? If I put Charlie down at 8 he wakes up to eat at 12 and then he will wake up around three, I give him his binky and sometime he will go back to sleep, and others he won't sleep until he eats.....ug I can't wait till he sleeps thru the night!!

Katie said...

When Emmy was Clara's age, she was just as taken with the Nativity. She loved it this year, but not as much as last year. All day, every day, she'd ask, "tell me the story of Jesus." Have you read the book "Who is Coming to Our House" ? Its a children's book about all of the animals in the stable preparing for the arrival of baby Jesus. Its really cute and really geared towards 2-4 year-olds.

Emily said...

Look for your blog love in the back pocket of your jeans. That's where I find all lost things...

Your children are adorable. They look so huggable, especially little Jonathan! It makes me sad that Nick has lost most of the chub and doesn't look like a baby anymore.

I wish we lived closer. I think Megan and Clara would love acting out things together. (but Clara could be all-time Mary, of course)

Megan said...

What tender children! And I think that it's great of Clara to spread the love of Baby Jesus all year round.

Megan said...

Also, what lovely coordinating jammas your children have. Was that on purpose?

Rachel said...

Megaroo,

Jeremy's mom made those jammas that CB's wearing, and she bought l'il JB's to match. I also have a matching pair. Clara LOVES those jammas. It's all I can do to change her clothes in the a.m.!

Ericka said...

Yes, Charlie is a porker....I took him in last month for his 2 month appointment and he was 13 pounds....I took him in the other day and he weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs! Two pounds in one month...what can I say?!? He's a little piggy!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

How sweet! Care-la is quite the fan of the scripture stories, isn't she? That really is cute. And by the way - 10-11 hours a night? Oh, you a lucky set of parents! What I would have given to have Josephine sleep like that at his age!

KS said...

Oh, I hope I get a good sleeper with this next kid. Sounds like you've got it good! Ada misses Santa and the tree as well. The one non-OCD bone in my body almost wanted to leave the Christmas decorations up a little longer just to please her. Such cute kids, Rock!

Unknown said...

Oh, that's so sweet! they are precious, both of them! I miss you all...

The Tolboe family said...

So, just so you know... we haven't had any snow yet. It has been around the 30-50's. We're glad you guys are taking it all for us!!!

Cute pictures and thanks for keeping us updated!