Saturday, February 14, 2009

Castaway


I ended up taking Clara to Urgent Care again last night. After she woke up from her nap she basically did nothing but whimper for two hours. We bathed her, fed her dinner, and then I just couldn't take it anymore! She has not been the same girl for the past two days, and I decided it wasn't worth it to make her go through 12 more hours of pain to wait until this morning to take her in.

We saw the same RNP at the urgent care, and she reviewed Clara's x-rays again, this time focusing on her wrist (which by this point was swollen). She couldn't see any discernable break, but she said that in a young child the bones are not completely formed and it's hard to tell for sure. She is going to have the radiologist at the hospital look at the x-rays on Monday, and she decided to put Clara's wrist in a splint. As she was getting ready to splint her arm, she decided that with a two-year-old it might be better to completely immobilize her arm with a cast. So now Clara has a green cast that she'll have on at least until Monday (when we get the radiology report), and probably until the following Monday. The RNP thinks it's a bad sprain, but she didn't rule out a fracture.

Anyway, I have no regrets about my two-and-a-half hours at urgent care with Clara last night, even though I am pretty sure I could literally see the germs crawling around. She is much, much happier today, and in much less pain. Here's hoping that in a week's time she'll be back to her old self again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor thing...it will be interesting to hear what the radiologist says. It's amazing how much more they can see.

Unknown said...

Oh My! It is so hard to have your little ones hurt! I hope that she heals fast! Poor Clara!

Cormorant said...

Yikes! I hope she isn't in too much pain. It doesn't look like it from her cute picture, though.

Chris said...

holy cow....another hospital visit...

Mom said...

I amazed that in every picture she always has a smile on her face! Cute girl. Hope she feels better soon!

Josh and Kate said...

Oh, Rachel, I am so sorry, I still don't know what happened that day:( Please know that we have prayed for Clara several times since then. Poor thing. Take care. Kate