Friday, February 13, 2009

Clara's hammock

Oh, Clara...

Yesterday at a play group I went to with my cousin, Clara somehow fell and hurt her arm. At first I thought she had nursemaid's elbow (again), but after three hours at the Urgent Care (including x-rays and two screaming children (I didn't scream; I just wept silently)) they couldn't find anything wrong with her elbow. They sent us home with this miniature sling (which Clara calls a hammock) and told us to come back in two days if she still wasn't using her arm. Well, it's now been more than one day and she won't do anything with her arm. I'm inclined now to think the pain is in her wrist, so perhaps we'll be back at Urgent Care tomorrow for more x-rays and more fun!

6 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

Clara has a special gift of looking sweet no matter what she's doing or what's happened to her. Wish I had that gift--maybe I did when I was two.

MOM/SUSAN said...

I hope she feels better tomorrow!

Rebekah said...

hee hee, clara is the best kid ever.

Ericka said...

Poor little Clara....that reminds me when Jackson hurt his foot a couple of months ago. Matt and him were wrestling and somehow his foot got hurt. He cried and cried and refused to walk on it all day. Finally, Matt took him to the urgent care where he had x-rays and everything, nothing appeared to be wrong. However, for the next week Jack REFUSED to put any pressure on his foot, he even resorted to crawling around everywhere. I think what happened was that Jackson realized all the attention he was getting with his hurt foot and he decided to MILK it for all it was worth!!
Clara sure does look cute though in her hammock!

Julia said...

Clara looks darling in her little sling. I hope she feels better! I wonder what she's going to do next week to send you to Urgent Care?

Joan said...

Rachel, Clara is a miniature doll. So sad to see her owie, but she is darling!!