My mom wondered whether we'd have anything to talk about other than Clara and Jonathan, and we totally did. We spent most of lunch reflecting on the highlights and lowlights of our marriage. Classic! I wanted to dredge up all of the lowlights, but we stuck mostly to highlights. Ha! We only talked about the lowlights that we can laugh about now, like the time we cried ourselves to sleep on our first sweltering night in our first weird, weird apartment in Syracuse, or the time I randomly got head lice and Jeremy spent two hours a day combing my hair out for two full weeks while I sobbed.
Some of the highlights included several of our wonderful vacations and road trips, all of the great places we've had the privilege to live, and of course our charming children. (They are always like one hundred times more charming when they're asleep or not with us.)
Once our lunch was over, we decided to add another lowlight to our list by snapping this self-portrait outside of the restaurant. Woof:
I wanted Jeremy to try for another picture, but then the camera battery died. Oh well. Happy 7-Y, Jeremy!

4 comments:
I think it's a lovely picture, but, um,where's your chin Rachel?
You have had more packed into your seven years than most. I for one think you were simply made for each other and that those cute children are the grand prize for the wise decision you made to get hitched. Well done and congratulations!
I like you guys.
This was a sweet post. Happy Anniversary!
Yay! Congrats! I was thinking of you on the happy day, in fact, I'll never forget your wedding day and what a thrill it was! Such a wonderful day, and Jeremy was so sweet with the tears streaming down his face . . . I loved it :)
Post a Comment