Monday, August 10, 2009

Jeremy's turn to tri


Jeremy did his triathlon relay on Saturday. He and his teammates did an Olympic triathlon, and Jeremy brought them home with a swift 10K (48 minutes!). The man runs like a gazelle.

And now a few shots of the action:

Clara and Jonathan waiting for Jeremy to start running (if you look closely you can spot Jeremy in his sweatband. Awesome look, JB!):



I was also there:

The big bike-to-run tag (Jason could spot Jeremy really easily, on account of his headband):

Starting the run (don't worry--that's not actually his running stride; I caught him coming around a u-turn, and his headband may have thrown him slightly off-balance):

Crossing the finish line, and looking good! (Funny story: an "elite" triathlete who'd finished by the time Jeremy was running (the relays start last) was sitting along the route cheering people on. When Jeremy ran by the guy said, "Keep it up, Headbandy!" I am still laughing just thinking about it. Classic.)


And a nice team shot:

Now that I've written this post, Jeremy is reading it and telling me why he needed to wear a sweatband. His reasons are threefold: 1)they hold his glasses on; 2)they keep the sweat out of his eyes; 3)they are awesome!

Regardless, nice job, JB!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is GREAT!! CONGRATULATIONS!! What an accomplishment1! Isn't it fun to set a goal like that?

Robyn DeGaetano said...

With his androgenous shape (wow, I probably just MURDERED that spelling), I am not surprise that he runs like a gazelle! And hey, props, Jeremy, it takes guts to sport a look like that... :)

Rachel said...

Wow, Robyn. Jeremy has been called a lot of things in his life (tall drink of water, for example), but this is the first for androgynous! He is not sure how to interpret that you think he has an "ambiguous sexual identity."

erin said...

Jeremy can you get Jeff to try a tri so he and I can do one together? You guys are awesome.

Paul said...

Congratulations on finishing in such a great time. As an avid headband wearer myself, I understand how much a quality headband can help during a 10K (I've always guessed that it shaves anywhere from 3-5 seconds off my time).

But my favorite part of the post was the picture of Sponge-Jonathon Squarepants.