Friday, January 15, 2010

Dance, Poppet!


We signed Clara up for an eight week dance class through the city recreation department. Good times! She got to pick out some tap and ballet shoes to bring home for the duration of the class, which thrilled her deeply. She loves to wear her black leotard around the house as much as possible so she can practice her moves. I'm most excited for the recital in March. Who knows what will happen?

The first class went well for Clara, although it was tricky for her to do all of the steps. She tried hard, though, and had fun, and she can't wait to go back to "Dancing School" next week.

This video shows how Clara reacted to the news that she'd be taking dance lessons, which Jeremy told her about 30 minutes before her class started (I was not home from teaching yet). Sorry about the bad camera angle at the beginning; he was trying not to distract her with the camera. I'll try to get some better dancing action videos for next week.

7 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

"Wait! Oh yea, I can wear my Cinderella dress!"
Thank you, thank you for the best video of the week. Cute Bug and cute Clara. How do you stand it?
Wish we were close so we could go and watch.

Steph said...

That was awesome!!! I smiled the entire time. She is so darn smart. Why didn't you let her wear her Cinderella dress? Mean Mom.

Robyn DeGaetano said...

I haven't really heard her talk yet, and this video is so precious! I love the "Yippe!", part. Josephine, too, is a big Cinderella fan. I just love this age... ;)

KS said...

Have I mentioned before that I think Clara is so cute? I love her little voice! And I love that she says, "Yippee!"

Cormorant said...

So fun: little girls and dancing! I'm excited to hear how she likes it.

The Tolboe family said...

OH MY WORD!!! SHE IS ADORABLE! All I remember is little Clara who couldn't really talk yet. Man, that girl is so cute. "Wait, wait! I can wear my cinderella dress and show all the girls." My favorite part was when she told Jeremy that he could dance with her! You have one cute little girl.

Unknown said...

My favorite girl to go to church with... She is soooo cute!!