We went to Beverly's restaurant, which is a delectable 5-star restaurant at the Coeur d'Alene Resort with a great view of the lake. The food is always fantastic, and our anniversary was no exception. Jeremy had some kind of halibut (the man loves him some halibut) and I had the trout cupcake. Trout? Cupcake? Yes. It was amazing. A fillet of red trout shaped like a cupcake then filled with scallops and lobster and drizzled with an outrageously rich beurre nante sauce. And if that doesn't sound good enough, the cupcake was nestled in a bed of spinach and extremely buttery mashed potatoes. Oh, how I loved that cupcake.
I also love Jeremy and am glad, especially in times like these, that we are together. And although I joke about our yearly lunch date, I really do treasure those lunches. I remember every single one: where we were, what we ate, what we talked about. If life is comprised primarily of moments, then I have at least eight special moments with my very best friend. Thanks, Jeremy.
Also, how could I not love any meal that ends with a huge cloud of cotton candy in which a little scoop of homemade ice cream is nestled? My only complaint was the little "Happy Anniversary" chocolate: it was both hokey and disgusting. Other than that, Beverly's was too good to us...
Until next year...

3 comments:
The presentation of your meal looks amazing. If we ever have an occasion to go to Beverly's again, it may well be my pick.
For all of the stresses and moves and uncertainties you and Jeremy have been through together, I'd say you have managed to keep your sense of humor and adventure. I really do admire you both for the gracious way you choose to approach life.
I must say I have never been served cotton candy on a plate. I guess the stick wouldn't have kept up with the ambiance of the place. Good choice on the trout cupcake. Looked amazing. Love you guys.
Man, that looks awesome. Cotton candy for dessert at a fancy restaurant? Now that's a new one - cool, though. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment