Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mussels have muscles

We subscribe to Sunset magazines so we can know what we're missing by not being, you know, West Coast hipsters and whatnot. Thanks to Sunset, we have been able to keep up with important trends, like fanciful food trucks, gourmet versions of pedestrian foods like ice cream and grilled cheese, and how to live in a sterile home that produces no trash.

But I think the most important piece of advice we've ever gleaned from the magazine appeared in the January 2011 issue, which featured a list of 10 ways to eat healthier. We were particularly struck by the number one tip--and I'd like to reiterate that this was the number one suggestion: Buy mussels.

This has really revolutionized our healthy lifestyle. No longer is our health tied to what we eat; now, for the first time, we can be healthy just by buying something! I am truly inspired. And you can imagine my joy when frozen mussels, precooked in healthful garlic butter, were on sale 3 for the price of 1! at the grocery store today. I bought three packages, and I feel healthier already! Please, join the cause: choose health today, and BUY MORE MUSSELS!

**I would like to point out that they corrected the article on their website to read "Eat mussels." I am gravely disappointed.

3 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

Hurray, you're back! I'd like to write more, but I'm on my way to the store to buy us some mussels.

Katie said...

Ha ha - that is hilarious! What a fun read to perk up my day :)

The Smith Family said...

I love this advice I don't eat things things that are goobery and filter the waste from their environment but I will BUY just about anything for better health, that is why Jay got the shake weight for Christmas.