BAM!
I actually don't think the picture turned out too bad at all! I thought about posting a close-up shot of my swollen man-hands or cankles, but in the end I took a few pointers from my Syracuse friend Sami about taking a flattering picture and just went with it (I don't remember all the details, but the secret was something about the angle of the chin and the rump--like, pretend you have a chin and do not have a rump).
But back to being a bit largey and uncomfortable: You've all seen Wall-E, right? You know how the humans are so atrophied from lack of exercise and overeating that they can barely move? Well, that's just how I feel. I know every pregnant woman feels like that toward the end, but that doesn't really make it any more pleasant.
One thing about Missouri in the summer that makes pregnancy more challenging is that it's soooooo hot. And also humid. This means that even the simplest tasks seem more onerous. And the humidity has made me swell up like a puffy human balloon, which is both unsightly and unpleasant. Since I have two small kiddles, I spend a lot of time on the floor playing. And sometimes after playing I feel so stiff and swollen that I just remain there until someone happens by to heft me up. This has actually gone on for days, with everyone in the house wondering why I'm still sitting on the floor.
I kid, naturally.
Overall, though, I will say that I've been surprisingly un-stressed about this baby. This is quite possibly because every other area of our lives right now still feels so unsettled or stressful that I am simply incapable--physically, emotionally, and mentally--of doing my normal pregnancy stress. Sure, I worry about the outcome of this pregnancy, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I really hope everything goes well. I have even allowed myself to periodically feel excited about having a baby--something I haven't been very good at since we lost Sam. (Like it's any easier to have something go wrong if you convince yourself something might go wrong. Oy.) But here's to three more healthy weeks, a safe delivery, and a wonderful new addition to the fam.

8 comments:
Oh, pregnancy. Have to say that I don't miss that. Edward is almost 2 years old and I still look at other pregnant women and think - "Glad it's not me!". ;) BUT I am excited for you guys. Having three kids adds a whole new level of chaos and adventure to your home, that's for sure. It will be fun - crazy and exhausting, but fun, too. :)
You are adorable! I will be thinking of you and praying for you in the coming weeks!
You have my sympathies. It's been five months since I was pregnant and I still find myself thinking, "I'm so glad I'm not pregnant anymore." Even when I was completely nutso from not having slept more than 3 hours in a row for three months, I was still thankful to not be pregnant. When is the big day?
So I take it you have no idea what you are having. I am so excited for you guys. I a have a little under 9 weeks to go and I am feeling a lot like you, very big! Hang in there. I will pray for you.
I think you look beautiful.
Yes, I am the Mom, but really, you look beautiful.I can't wait to meet new baby boy Bryson in just a few SHORT weeks.
This too shall pass!
May everything go well! and you do make a cute pregnant lady by the way.
i think the last month of pregnancy is proof that time does not flow in one steady line. that last month has a way of being three months. i don't know who gave it permission to do that, but that's the way it is, right? i agree with yer mum: you look good! good luck with the heat and the stress and those CONTRACTIONS! yikes! i'm thinking of you all the time!
You look awesome! Oh, how I love your perspective on things. Reading your posts never fails to put a smile on my face. :)
Post a Comment