Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Three Months


In mid-December, Cole turned three months old. I am stuck in that familiar place of trying to reconcile feeling like he just barely got here with the fact that it's tricky for me to remember life without him.

Cole is surely a big guy. Earlier this month, I had a doctor's appointment, and I helped myself to the infant scale in the mother's room there to see how big Cole is. As it turns out, at three months old he weighed 15 pounds, 2.5 ounces. That means he's more than doubled his birth weight. It also means he's become quite a load to tote.


I'm trying not to be disappointed in the fact that he's reduced his nighttime sleeping hours to just nine or ten. I know that seems like a pretty dreamy stretch of sleep for him and for us, but a couple of weeks ago he had two weeks of sleeping for twelve hours in a row! At least I know it's possible...


Cole is sweet-tempered and incredibly good-natured. He puts himself to sleep, he loves faces, he's starting to deliberately swat at things, and--much to Jeremy's chagrin--he started sucking his thumb this week. We think he's just grand. I just love that baby.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

No wonder he's grown- 12 hour stretches of sleep! Go, Cole, go! He definitely looks like he belongs in your family. What a cutie.

Katie said...

Oh My Goodness, I just want to squeeze that chubby, sweet, cherubic baby! He seems absolutely perfect in every way!

I LOVED all of your posts in November and was impressed that you came up with thirty posts! While you were doing thirty posts in November, I was doing zero posts. Hmmm.

Whenever a new post from Rachel pops on my screen, it is always a happy day!

Paul said...

Sometimes, a lump of Cole is just what you want in your stocking.