The other morning I was blow drying my hair, and Clara was playing quietly around the corner. The quiet should have, perhaps, been my clue that she was up to no good, because pretty soon she came around the corner wielding a crochet hook in each hand, which she had somehow gotten out of a closed box (her resourcefulness is terrifying). Clearly, the fact that Clara had some uninterrupted playtime with two eye gougers is a mark of irresponsible mothering, but really it wouldn't seem nearly as bad had I not found her chewing on a dirty diaper two minutes before this picture was taken, or if I had not found her trying to lift the toilet lid two minutes after. The moral of the story: I should not dry my hair.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Irresponsible Mothering Is an Art
The other morning I was blow drying my hair, and Clara was playing quietly around the corner. The quiet should have, perhaps, been my clue that she was up to no good, because pretty soon she came around the corner wielding a crochet hook in each hand, which she had somehow gotten out of a closed box (her resourcefulness is terrifying). Clearly, the fact that Clara had some uninterrupted playtime with two eye gougers is a mark of irresponsible mothering, but really it wouldn't seem nearly as bad had I not found her chewing on a dirty diaper two minutes before this picture was taken, or if I had not found her trying to lift the toilet lid two minutes after. The moral of the story: I should not dry my hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having these sorts of adventures right now! You can know at least that Clara is in good company with the whole mischief thing right now. Clara must be super bright to be so curious! At least that is what I tell myself about Avery so that I don't feel like all is lost!
I'm sad that I can't see the picture! I can only imagine though.. Joshy is really into toilet-playing lately. I haven't seen him chew on dirty diapers yet, but I'm sure it's coming.
thats nothin Rachel. The other day I walked into the kitchen and Jackson had taken a steak knife out of the dishwasher and stabbed it all the way thru an apple!! He had only been in there less than a minute, and when I got to him I was FREAKING out! I don't know how he managed to get the whole knife thru the apple, and even better I don't know how he managed NOT to cut off a finger!! oh my!!
i love this picture of her!! so cute!
I have decided that until Josh is five I can't do anything for myself. Toilets? He's in them. Sharp objects? Matt will find them. Markers? Kaylee's all over 'em.
*headdesk*
I love them when there little, and I enjoy them, but a teeny part of me CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM ALL TO BE IN SCHOOL! :D
Post a Comment