Clara got her first black eye today at church. No, she was not boxing with other babies. I was holding her on my lap, just sitting there, when she suddenly decided to make a lunge for the hymn books. I couldn't catch her, and she fell head-first onto the hymnal holder. I had her out of the chapel before she'd even released her first wail, but I was shocked to see a bleeding eye! I panicked, since I am a rookie mom, and went back in to get one of our doctor friends, who decided she didn't need a stitch and that she would not be going blind anytime soon. Ugh. Anyway, poor Clara had a rough Sunday between the black eye, her cold, and a wicked diaper rash. She's much happier today, though her eye is a bit more swollen and bruised than it was yesterday. And I actually don't think this picture does it justice, since you can't see all of the bruising on the top of her eye. In any event, I just console myself by realizing that we survived Clara's first injury!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, sweet shiner or no, she still looks pretty angelic in the picture to me.
Post a Comment