One of the worst things about the temporary separation in our family is that we have missed spending two very special days together: Father's Day and of course--the most special day of all--my birthday: the big 2-8. But from what I hear Jeremy was well taken care of on Father's Day, for which I am grateful, and I certainly have been well taken care of on this most special of days. My mom treated me to a fantastic lunch at Sundance, and then to a ridiculous piece of chocolate/strawberry/cream cake at a little Italian restaurant in downtown Provo. My sister watched Clara for me, Jeremy's parents invited me to a fun birthday fete last night, my brother made two special trips just to say Happy Birthday, and my nieces and nephews have treated me to various renditions of "Happy Birthday" since this morning. Great times.
So thank you to everyone for taking such prodigious care of my family and me. And don't feel too bad for us: at least we'll be together for Jeremy's birthday!

6 comments:
I am so glad you are happy. I get teary eyes just knowing that you are away from your husband because that is exactly what McKay and I did last summer. I know what you are going through. Hang in there. That reunion will be sweet. We miss you...happy birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday! It's great when you have lots of people taking care of you.
I am so glad that you were taken care of on your birthday! We sure loved having Jeremy over on Father's Day. I hope it helped ease the loneliness of wanting to be with your family and not being able to! We sure miss you! P.S. Happy Birthday too! Love you!
Okay, Rachel, you are farther along than me and my belly is HUGE!!! You don't even look preggers!! What's the deal?? How come I have gained massive amounts of weight??????? You look good! And Happy Belated Birthday!
Thank you, everyone!
Ericka, I laughed at the picture of me with the cake because I also don't think I look pregnant. I really should post another picture I took yesterday where my pregnancy-induced "outie" is the most obvious thing in the picture. We should exchange pictures. :)
i see all these comments are happy comments, but mine will be grumpy. for if you went to provo, you prob passed through boise and didnt even say hello. thus the grumpyness, but b/c you looked so cute as well as clara, maybe my heart will be not as bitter and cold and we will become friends at last. ha ha! love you rachel!
Post a Comment