Friday, October 24, 2008

Autumn walk


My new thing, when the weather is fine and I don't have too much to tote, is to park a mile or so away from where I'm going and hoof it the rest of the way. Today's walk took us along the lake shore, around a wee mountain, and to the public library. The weather was my autumn ideal: in the high 50s and mostly cloudy (sunless days are only truly objectionable during the winter).

Days like this--walks like this--make me love living in north Idaho. The fall colors here are stunning--made even more so by the blanket of evergreens. I could smell the home fires burning, which charmed me to no end, and I was out breathing clean mountain air with my dear offspring. A day of days.

(By the way, if you're wondering about Clara's hair, then you obviously haven't heard that feral is the "it" look for fall. And if you're wondering about her smile...there are no words...)

6 comments:

Ericka said...

I wish I had her curls!! I so wish I was in the mountains you lucky lucky girl!

MOM/SUSAN said...

Yes, there is a word--BLISS

Rebekah said...

that looks so new englandish to me. i can't believe you're actually in idaho.

Robyn DeGaetano said...

What a great day! I myself really relish a great, long walk - the fresh air really does you good...

And I love that picture of Clara - you can see her sparkling personality shining through! It reminds me of my Josephine...

Emily said...

I keep showing Brian all the pictures on your blog so he will take me to Idaho. It's not working yet... keep posting, he'll come around.

Meli said...

awww we miss clara. i know i keep saying that! seriuosly though northern idaho is way better than down here, although we just did take a short drive to yellowstone. we have that on you. ha! how was clara's dentist visit?