Clara decided yesterday that she needed to take a short rest on the carpet--probably because Jonathan was lying on one of her blankets and it suddenly looked like a grand time. I put the "crown" blanket and pillow--which she recently got from her great-grandmother--on the floor, then put all of her other "covers" on her, then she told me to leave so she could take her short rest.
"Should I take Jonathan?" I asked.
"Jon-than Care-la short rest! Carpet!" she replied, nodding emphatically.
So I left. Jonathan, as you can see, was pleased as punch to be near his "sisty," and Clara was bound and determined to take her rest on the carpet. I only left them alone for about two minutes before going in to get Jonathan. She protested fiercely, but I just told her that Jonathan wasn't tired yet.
Believe it or not, she did not fall asleep on the floor, although she did lie there for quite some time--probably 30 minutes. Then I heard a little knock at her door. I went to open it, and I found Clara standing there, all done with her "nap."
"Fun rest, Mom," she said.
Forty-five minutes later, she was fast asleep in her bed. I just love that girl.
By the way, please stay tuned for a report on our current weather. Even after two winters in Syracuse, I have never seen the likes of snow like this. We're at 33 inches and counting--all in the last 24 hours or so. Also we're snowed in. Fear not, though: we have milk and we have diapers. What more could we wish for?

4 comments:
jon-than is getting so fat and chubby. i love it!
also, please email me your address.
Okay, I didn't think snow could get worse than in Syracuse, let only in my home state! Good luck with that one, let us know when we need to send the rescue helicopters! Also, Clara is so cute.....and Jonathan is a doll..I love how he is looking up at Clara just smiling away! Such cute kiddies!
Yes, Jon-than is getting pretty robust.
Also, if Clara is anywhere near him he just stares at her and is so happy to watch her antics. It gives me hope that they will one day play together and that I will be able to sit back and drink smoothies or something while they play.
I want to go to there!
Can I take a short rest on the carpet with Carela and Jonthan? It sounds divine.
And so do smoothies.
Post a Comment