Yesterday I did a little bit of spot carpet cleaning. To expedite the drying process, I stood a box fan near the damp spot and turned it on. A few minutes later I was nursing Jonathan and the fan fell over. Clara was nearby, so I said, "Oh, Clara! Could you please pick up the fan?" Always happy to oblige, she walked over, gave it a tug, and proclaimed it too heavy. I didn't really want to interrupt Jonathan's eating, so I said, "Quick--go ask Daddy if he can come out and pick it up."
Clara loves any excuse to bother Jeremy while he's working, so she opened his door and said:
"Hey, Dad. I need a simple machine! I need a
pulley. The fan fell down, and it is too
heavy for me!"
Good grief. I have to give credit to this fellow for teaching her everything she knows about science:
5 comments:
Did Dad turn over right before going to sleep and say something romantic? No, he said, "I need a pulley!".
Ah Clara, she continues to be the source of so many smiles.
Clara is adorable. I can't believe she knew that.
Impressive. My kids watch educational shows, too, but they're not applying science to real life scenarios like that. That's a smart girl!
We actually watched that episode the other day. My boys have tired that method since than to pull a bucket of toys to the top of their fort. By the way, doesn't that other boy in the class seem a little weird?
I love it! What a smarty pants! Isn't this such a funny age? We laugh on a daily basis at our house with the crazy things Ada picks up.
Post a Comment