Monday, January 25, 2010

Finally!


After last year's epic winter snowfall, I will admit that we were hoping for a bit of a reprieve from having to shovel 10 feet of snow. Nevertheless, this winter, so far, has been a crushing disappointment--particularly for the kids. Clara has yearned for snow, and although Jonathan is not incredibly fond of being cold (and has a particular dislike for cold wind), even he was thrilled by the sight of falling "no" out the window this morning. They watched the snow fall for a full 10 minutes, with Clara asking, "Can we go and play yet? Can we go and play yet?" Finally the snow let up, and Jeremy popped out of his office to see if anyone was interested in a little snow play.

Happy taste of winter!



5 comments:

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Oh, my kids LOVE to play in the snow - they will stay out there until they are either soaking wet or freezing cold, and even then they come in reluctant to leave their winter wonderland. They like to play outside more in the winter than they do in the summer!

Mom said...

Your kids in the windowsil pic, is just precious! Enjoy the snow!

The Smith Family said...

What a good dad, he really listened to the spirit to get out and enjoy time with his kids cause boy that snow sure didn't last :(

Emily said...

You are a nice mom to have snow gear for all your kids. My kids have to take turns. :)

Ericka said...

So cute! I wish we got snow, every once in a while. R
Then I think back to Syracuse and having to dig myself into my car....and then I am happy we don't have snow. I do miss Syracuse though..(sigh)....I am going private on my blog, I think I have your email address, but if you want me to add you leave me your email again in the comment section. Thanks!