Monday, April 05, 2010

Camp In-n-Out


Several weeks ago some brave friends of ours decided to defy the whims of Mother Nature by going camping. Their gamble paid off: for a Friday night in March in the North Country, the weather was extremely pleasant and mild.

We are not brave, so we decided just to drive down for Friday afternoon and evening to spend time with them before returning home to our own beds (and lengthy hot showers all around!). In some ways I wish we would've stayed, since they "camped" in one of the state park cabins--fully heated and quite cozy. But I didn't regret anything once my head hit my own pillow that night.

Now that we're back into "second winter," as I've dubbed it (Jeremy kept telling me we'd beaten Old Man Winter, but I think he might have been wrong), I can look back at these pictures and get excited for the real camping season. Maybe we'll even stay overnight next time. Wait for it.

(A few disclaimers on the following pictures: 1)Don't judge Bug by his pink coat. Clara didn't want to wear it, and Jonathan's was in the car; 2)You'll notice but one picture of Clara. This is probably because she didn't really stop moving the whole time we were there. Trust us: she looked cute, was a mess, and had a fantastic time.)





2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Jonner.

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Oh, this makes me excited for camping this year. #1) The kids love it. #2) It will be Edward's first time #3) I won't be 6-8 months pregant during the camping season... :)