So I’m pretty well behind on my blogging, as you may have noticed. You will not be surprised to learn that I have a good excuse, though it’s one you’ve likely heard a few times over the last year: we’re moving/have moved/are in the middle of moving. Again. But get this, dear readers: although we’re in a period of transition to mark our third (fourth?) cross-country move in the last 12 months, when we settle in at the end of this transition, we are settling in. That’s right: I will now reveal something we’ve known since the end of February: Jeremy has a tenure-track job as a geography professor. Is that not good news? I know it can barely be considered true or real until it’s posted on a blog somewhere, so here it is. We’re moving to Missouri in July, and who knows? Maybe we’ll be there forever. Well, I at least plan to be there until a pesky twister delivers us to Oz in the middle of the night one night. Ah, the Midwest.
And can I just say that although I am still undecided about whether to reveal our precise location on my blog, that it is certainly in the Midwestern part of Missouri rather than the Southern part of Missouri. And yes, I do have a “thing” about not wanting to live in the South. Don’t judge me.
At any rate, I am currently hunkered down with my kids at my parents’ house while Jeremy is wrapping up a few things, like spending a week in Cincinnati reading AP Human Geography exams. He’ll roll into town next week, then we’ll hang out for awhile until we’re ready for our big drive to the Show-Me State.
Since we are apart from Jeremy at present, I’m going to start my blog catch-up by posting about things we’ve done since we’ve been apart. We sure do miss our dad/husband around these parts.
It’s unrealistic for me to think I can catch up on everything in this post, so I’ll go for the most recent first: a little trip to Thanksgiving Point’s Farm Country, where my offspring were able to unleash their inner farmhands (although at this point none of us are interested in poultry farming. Fowl=foul, in a stenchy kind of way, if you catch my drift. And I think you do).
I have to end on this picture of Jonathan because it fills my heart with joy. Who eats an ice cream cone like that? I really like that kid.

7 comments:
Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys. Missouri is beautiful. Can't wait to hear more details. Love ya.
Ok so we visit Fenton a lot and thenearby states of illinois and omaha so maybe you will be by one of those and we can play... I will keep reading and honestly it is time for all of us to settle in!
So happy for you! Settling in, is that even possible? I love the idea... :) Congrats! I'm from the midwest, it's the best place to be from, in my opinion!
Rachel- I cannot believe how big your kids are getting! Congrats to Jeremy on the job. I don't know when I'll be in Midwestern Missouri, but when I am (and when I know your exact location) I will let you know!
I love the pony pics, and yes, the one of the ice cream cone is awesome. That kid is something else. :)
I was so excited to read this post. Congratulations on the new job. I look forward to hearing more details. Good luck with the transition.
Hooray for knowing where you are going to be living for the next 50 odd years! That's wonderful news to add to the wonderful upcoming baby news. I'm so happy for you and your family.
Post a Comment