I also buy one ornament for each of the kids every year. My favorite place to buy ornaments for them is at the World Market, and I was happy to be in Colorado for Thanksgiving so I could easily go to a World Market. Jonathan and Clara are developing nice little collections of ornaments, and Cole got his first one this year.
But as it turns out, none of these ornaments can really hold a candle to my favorites of the year. For Clara's pre-K Christmas party, I brought cardstock gingerbread man and snowman shapes, along with markers, googly eyes, bells, stamps, etc. I also brought Jonathan. Clara and her friends had a great time decorating their little ornaments. Clara's look like this:
Jonathan, on the other hand, spent the whole time talking about wanting to make a "spooky" (or "sooky," as he says) ornament. His look like this:
I love them, truly. It really captures Jonathan at this stage of his life. He makes "sooky" ornaments, and his favorite songs on his personal Spotify playlist are the mildly spooky "The Backson Song" from Winnie the Pooh, the slightly spookier "Heffalumps and Woozles" from the original Winnie the Pooh movie, and the ultimate "sooky" song, Michael Jackson's "Thriller." He's a great boy.

7 comments:
I love all of the ornaments. Clara's are lovely and Jonathan's truly are SOOKY.
Okay, I am LOVING the massive quantities of eyeballs on these ornaments - hilarious!!!
Okay, just to clarify, I have so many "deleted" posts b/c blogger posted my same comment over and over. Just so ya know.
Post a Comment