Saturday, January 07, 2012

Ring the bells


Clara's Pre-K had a little Christmas concert before the end of school, which marked our very first foray into the world of school concerts. From what my parents seem to remember about raising their kids, the next 18 years or so will go by in a veritable blur of painful (yet charming) concerts, contests, plays, and productions. But if everyone takes a cue from Clara's concert, it won't be all that bad, because the whole event was over in about 30 minutes. That's a beautiful thing.

Clara just loves her Pre-K, and she was pretty excited about her concert. The kids sang three songs: "Jingle Bells" in Spanish, "Ring the Bells," and "B-I-N-G-O" (because that's what happens when you let four and five-year-olds vote on what they want to sing at a holiday concert). Clara took her performance very seriously and was a little perturbed that her classmates didn't all share her feelings. Take a look:



This video tells me at least three things about Clara: 1)The girl's got rhythm; 2)she is an extremely obedient student; 3)she values enunciation. Nice job, Sis!

4 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

If I can't be there to bask in the glow of excited grandchildren performing for the ones they love, I'll settle for this. Way to go Clara--really, you were wonderful!
(Welcome to the next glorious phase of parenthood!)

Katie said...

I love how she pronounced "clear." SO cute. And she really does have rhythm!

Chris said...

hahaha oh man this was amazing. I love when she shhhhh'd the bell ringer to her left, and her very determined rhythm. Great job Clara!

scrapwordsmom said...

She sang soooo well in church. We are still talking about it!