Sunday, May 27, 2012

There's a new sheriff in town


People generally think of a dictatorship as a negative, but around here we love it. How could we not, when our dictator is such a tender little guy. Plus--and I may be wrong--but I actually don't think he knows he's such a tyrant. He rules with benevolence, good humor, and general benignity--as long as we provide him with abundant food and many, many opportunities for naps. I think we'd all be pretty good humored under those circumstances.

Also, just to stay in his good graces, we make sure he has lots of company. When the rest of us are busy, we invite an extra special friend for him to play with. As you can see, he's quite thrilled with this playmate, though he did ask us why that baby's onesie is spelled backwards.


And just for a special bonus (yes, just for you, Mom and Dad), here's a picture of Cole's latest: clapping on demand when anyone says "Yay!" It's a little bit sad how he can't help himself, but only a very little bit.