Friday, September 14, 2007

Our evolving literary genius


Clara and I ventured to the library, and with her newfound mobility, I think she found this our most enjoyable trip yet! She didn't want to sit in my lap while I read to her, but she did enjoy crawling on the ABC rug and playing with some of the wooden toys. Things were pretty quiet at the library, probably because school is back in session, but I was okay with that, as it left plenty of librarians with spare moments to compliment my baby (I am a sucker for "cute baby" comments; I don't pretend to deny it).

I didn't have my camera with me, but perhaps you'll enjoy some other recent snapshots of our little reader. These were taken last week, when I came into her room after a few moments of too much silence to find her sitting quietly and reading to herself. She reads like I do, with lots of concentration-induced drool and plenty of expressions to go along with the plot's changing action.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It hardly seems fair that you show the first page of the book, get us hooked on the plot and then don't even provide us with the name of the book so we can buy it and see how it turns out.

Ericka said...

Wow, she is the smiliest (is that a word?) baby I have ever seen! She looks like she is just full of personality!