In honor of the Lost premiere last month, we got together with our friends Spencer and Julia and a few others for a Lost party. We ate theme food and watched the episode on a 40 minute Tivo delay to avoid commercials, thereby heightening our TV viewing experience. Julia and Spencer throw quite a party, and we were happy to come along and contribute what we could.
The spread: Julia and Spencer provided some roasted "boar" skewers and several choices of beverage from the Dharma pantry.
I made these fish biscuits. I was trying to be allergy friendly for some reason, even though Clara doesn't really eat cookies, and the biscuits turned out pretty bland. But just look at them!
Jeremy and I also brough some veggies to go with the Dharma ranch composite dip.
Julia made this plane crash cupcakes. You have no idea how hard it is to find miniature toy passenger planes! The jets still get the point across, I think.
And finally, we topped off the feast with some classic Apollo bars. The Initiative fed us well, wouldn't you agree?
So, any other Lost-philes out there? We are always ready to theorize (split consciousnesses, anyone?)

8 comments:
HOW FUN!
Honestly--you and your friends are so creative. I'm thinking you're going to remember these events for the rest of your lives--especially the friends that go with them.
By the way, I think I figured out why you didn't get my last comment. I completely missed the word verification. Mystery solved.
Classic. The fish biscuits look amazing!
The Dahmer's are definitely Lost-philes. We don't watch too much TV either but are very loyal to LOST. We also had a Lost party in our neighborhood for the season finale and everyone brought Dharma food. Who would have known that an ABC show would have united our neighborhood. Lost must be true.
We LOVE LOST. Serious fans over here. My request for your next blog is to here your predictions, analysis, etc. I love the DHARMA food. What a great idea. Hmmmm. Maybe we'll have to copy you. :)
the fish biscuits are a stroke of genius.
I think this post takes the prize as being my most-commented-upon post. Who knew?
And I wish I could take full credit for the genius of the fish biscuits. Alas, I trolled the internet for other people's great ideas and then copied them in my own way. One day I will be creative in my own right...
I will have to sort my thoughts on some of my pet theories before posting again. Maybe this Thursday's episode will afford me some much-needed clarity. :)
Post a Comment