I haven't done much in the way of reading or updating my reading list for quite some time. When I taught at OCC last fall, all of my reading time was consumed (and then some) by reading my students' ever captivating and cleverly nuanced essays. Those classes were followed by the most intense (not necessarily in a good way) Christmas season of all time (may I never have to be in charge of another ward Christmas program!), and now it's March and who knows what I've been doing!
My mom asked me today what I'm reading, and I had no response, which I thought was borderline pathetic. So I'm back, baby! I'll start posting my new reads on my reading list (Jeremy's needs updating as well; he's done nothing but read for the last few months), and I'll rate each title as NR (not recommended), R (recommended) or L (loved it!). You probably won't see many NRs on the list, since I don't usually finish a book I don't like after the first 50 pages or so.
I think my first selection of the new reading year will be Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking. I love her essay collection, Slouching Towards Bethlehem, and her novel Run River, though not my favorite book, nevertheless played an important role in my thesis, so why not try more Didion? She's a good seed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Rachel- Your little Clara is so cute! Call me next time you're in Lehi- is Naomi out here now?
Emily (Mize) Gurney brianandemilygurney@gmail.com
And I'm excited to read the books on your list- I'm always looking for something good.
Post a Comment