Monday, April 14, 2008

Rachel (almost) Wins!!!!

Every year in Jeremy's family we do a family bracket challenge for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. I had never filled out a bracket in my life before marrying Jeremy, but some might say I'm a natural. Well, I have said that. On my second year of the Tourney, I correctly called all but two of the games in the first round. That, my friends, is really something, don't you think?

This year was not as successful, especially with the crushing disappointments that are Stanford and Duke. Luckily, though, I was really feeling Kansas this year and picked them to go all the way. And they did. And so...

Rachel (almost) Wins!!!

I came in second place in the family tourney, a wonderful victory for our little family.

It was important I do well this year to balance out Clara's bracket. This was her first year, and Jeremy helped her fill out her bracket by printing out the logos for each of the 65 teams, in color, then cutting them out and having her choose her favorite picture for each and every game. Her picks were not too good. Her Final Four were BYU, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and South Alabama, with Vandy as her overall pick. What can we say? She really likes cats, and she really likes stars, so the other teams started at a disadvantage.

As proof of a reward for my victory, please consult this week's weather forecast:



Spring is in the air...

2 comments:

Meli said...

that is sooooo cute! and yes! spring is in the air and second we are so sad you are laving us!

Megan said...

Well, Clara's picks for her first bracket were probably as scientific as Rachel's first bracket. I do recall hearing her say: "Wake Forest is such a pretty name! They have to go all the way!" Also, it's good to know that Clara is exuding Cougar Pride at such an early age. What a clever girl!