Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring Arrives in Syracuse


April Fool's! Actually, what we're having today is one day of spring-ish weather, meaning that even though the temperature was in the low 40s yesterday and will be in the low 40s tomorrow, today the high is supposed to be 67! Wow! Of course, if it were going to be 67 and sunny, I'd be living high on the hog, but it's actually going to be warmish, rainy, and extremely windy.

It's just before 11:00 a.m., and the rain is just starting. But I felt like I couldn't justify wasting a little warm weather, so Clara and I headed out into the wind at 9:00 to go to the park. A good time was had by all! Clara, for whatever reason, loves a good, stiff wind in her face, so she was all smiles. She did not like the swing, but she loved crawling up and down the stairs on the jungle gym. And surprisingly we were just about the only ones there! I would've thought that other native Syracuse-ians like Clara would've jumped at a little warmer-weather park time. One mom and toddler did come by, walking an enormous long-haired black dog. Clara alternated between saying "ruff" and "baa," since the beast really did look a bit sheepish. As you can see, she was completely absorbed.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

she looks so cute! we were almost there at barry park! i ran a little late and we had to go to the library. i have thought the same thing everytime i go to the park like last thurs. that same dog and family was there. ha!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

I'm so glad it's cold somewhere else. Today is our 40's and tomorrow is our 60's. Then back to 40's! Hey are you working on your masters or doctorate? ok let me know sometime and tell me what it's all about.
xoxo lou