Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fire Hazard

We hadn't used our baseboard heaters for a couple of weeks until just a few days ago. We turned on the one in Clara's room, since her room is by far the chilliest, and when we came to get her from her nap her room smelled really weird...like burnt kettle corn. We turned her heater on periodically with the same results and couldn't quite figure out what the problem was. Last night when we went to bed I felt uneasy about turning on her heater, so we turned on the heaters in the front of the house in order to warm the bedrooms.

And then I had an epiphany: Clara must have put something in the heater in her room. This morning, I pried the front panel off the heater to reveal this:



I gave Clara her pacifier so she wouldn't try to take a bite, but she was still pretty devastated when I took the crispy delight away from her. Kids...

5 comments:

Ericka said...

Ok, can I just say how sad it is that it is May and you are still having to use your heaters! (Or, maybe it is sad that it is May and I have my air conditioner on at 70 because it is 95 degrees outside!) I always hated those heaters, I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating because I could never get them at the right setting....they drove me crazy. Also, I am still waiting for a response to that email I sent you a week or two ago (or three or four?!?!) ha ha

Meli said...

ha ha ha ha thats hilarious!!

Unknown said...

I love that story and isn't great for the spirit who tells us when to go and look in the heater, something we would have never thought!

Taunya said...

Wow! I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem.

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

that is so great rock! I am so happy for baby number three as well! Isn't that crazy??? I still get nervous even after having two babies to think about having a third! So we are excited for you guys and tell your hubby we say hello!
love lou