Sunday, July 13, 2008

Making "Bownies" (rhymes with "cownies")


My sister Naomi sent Clara a mix for peanut/egg/dairy-free brownies, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and let Clara help me make them. She actually did not like the brownies (not much of a cake girl, I guess) but loved all the stirring and licking of the spoons (safe and fun to do when there are no eggs in the picture).

And for anyone who may be concerned about the fate of a pan of brownies more or less rejected on textural grounds by the girl for whom they were intended, please have no fear: Jeremy and I managed to polish off the lot.



4 comments:

Autumn said...

So cute. I love it when my kids "help" me. The aftermath is usually less than desireable (mess everywhere) but the "helping" part is so cute. Thank you for finally wetting my whistle-I've been waiting.

Ericka said...

OKAY Rachel.....
#1 you STILL do not look pregnant!! I posted a big fat picture of me on my blog and I am really starting to get angry! Why is my belly so big??? I must have a beast of a child inside of me!!
#2 I would not be able to sit on the floor cross legged and be comfortable......again, why is my belly so big??
#3 I love Clara's big blue eyes!! She is so cute!
#4 I gotta give you props, I would not be able to handle giving Jackson a spoon when there is a heaping bowl of ooey gooey chocolate that could be spread from head to toe and from one end of the kitchen to another! Way to be a good mommy and let your child have a good life experience!! My son on the other hand, will never know what it is like to stir a bowl of brownies because of my OCD!! :)

MOM/SUSAN said...

You really are a great and fun mom Rachel. Lucky, lucky Clara!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Awww, I miss you guys! Clara is looking awefully cute, and I must say, I love the video - the live pictures really show her personality. I'm so glad we have this venue to keep up on each other's lives!