Well, my friends, on this historic day I have but one thing to say: the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Also, I couldn't help but giving a little "amen" when I read this. She says it all a bit more...colorfully than I would, but at the same time this describes a lot of what we've been feeling around here lately. I don't agree with everything she says, nor do I agree with all of the comments people have left, but overall, I feel what she's saying. Judge me if you must...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Interesting...thanks for sharing that. She is definitely very um, spirited in her views, but I admire her courage to express them. I had never really thought of some of the things she brought up, but I can very much see where she is coming from, in some ways.
The question is, I guess, when it comes to a candidate's stance on moral issues such as abortion or same-sex marriage, do they or do they not indicate/have any influence over the way he/she would lead a nation? Are they completely separate from who they are/what kind of leader they will be? I do not know the answer to this question, but I do wonder...
I will see, it should be interesting to see what develops during these next four years!! :)
I meant to say "I will SAY", not I will "see"...
I think that's a great question. I also do not have all the answers. To me, the important thing is that we all keep asking questions and seeking answers rather than just relying on assumptions. That's what I truly try to do. Sometimes I think we are too quick to condemn without really trying to listen and understand.
My point, I guess, is that it's important for me to truly question and examine my own ideas as well as the ideas of others. If I end up, after such an examination, with the same ideas I started with, at least I've given the effort to reflect and understand. I think the world would be much less divisive if more people would make a sincere effort to understand the people (and ideas) with whom they disagree.
Rock, I will second your "amen". Loved that girl's blog entry. We tend to swing to the left around here and I've been cornered a time or two by people who assume I share their political views because I share their religion. Most of the time I'd rather chew my own arm off than get into a fight over it. :)
Happy belated birthday to Clara! Can't believe our girls are 2!
Kash
Post a Comment