Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!


For some reason I thought it would be less cold and dark in the Inland Northwest than it was in Central New York. I was wrong. This is the farthest north we've ever lived, and I guess that comes with cold and dreary winter weather. I'm told this is colder than usual--and I hope that's true, since I think four of the next seven days will have a high temperature under 3 degrees. Brrrr!

Before the real arctic air settled in, Jeremy and Clara enjoyed a romp in the backyard snow. Clara was insistent that Jeremy make her a snowman with a carrot nose. The snow was so dry, though, that it was nearly impossible to form a ball, so she ended up with a 10-inch snowman--though it was made with the three traditional snowballs and had a teeny-tiny carrot nose.


Happy winter!

7 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute.
Happy winter to us all!

Mom said...

LOL, your mom's comment was the cutest ever! But ditto to everything she said!

(I love Clara's little red nose in the last pic!) I really can't imagine living in snow. I've only been on a couple youth trips for a snow play day, that's it! I've never even seen snow fall. Paul is from PA, and wants to go back someday. So I'm sure I'll experience the four seasons eventually.

Enjoy your white Christmas! Your kiddos really are so cute!

Megan said...

Hooray for small kids in lots of snow gear! I was secretly hoping they would call work on account of the snow, since, as it happens, they do not plow my street.

Also, I like how "camera shy" Clara gets when you start videoing her. Classic. And classy.

Ericka said...

That is so cute! I miss the snow....I wish Jack could go out and build a ten inch snowman with a tiny carrot nose.

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Hooray! You're alive!! I haven't heard from you in awhile...

I love your videos of Clara! And she sounds EXACTLY like Josephine -the sound of her voice, her speech patterns, her silliness :)

She is such a sweet girl!

And c'mon, admit it, you'll be happy to have a white Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love it! It was so so so much fun to see you guys last week! Thanks you so much for thinking of us! We just built a snowman today and the kids loved it and of course it had to have carrot nose! Isn't life just so much more magical with children?

Julia said...

Rachel, I was beginning to think you'd been abducted by aliens or had fallen into a large ravine. I'm glad all is well and you're back to posting cute pictures of my little Clara. Maybe you should come back to Syracuse--it hasn't been nearly as cold here! Besides, I miss you!!