Clara, on the other hand, I have had the pleasure of seeing several times over the last day and a half. Jeremy put a bucket of flour in the hallway, so when Jonathan is sleeping they come and open my bedroom door so Clara and I can talk. She sits on the bucket and says truly fascinating things. A sample conversation:
Clara: "So, do you want to talk about dinosaurs, Mom?"
Me: "I sure do! What should we talk about dinosaurs?"
Clara: "Do dinosaurs stomp around, Mom?"
Me: "I daresay they do, Clara. Why do you think that is?"
Clara: "Maybe because they're quadrapeds."
Me: "They're not all quadrapeds. Are you a quadraped? How many feet do you walk on?"
Clara: "Just these two."
Me: "So you're a biped."
Clara: (Laughs.) "That's silly, Mom."
A brief pause.
Clara: "Do dinosaurs roar, Mom?"
Me: "They do, indeed, Clara..."
She can go on in a similar fashion for a surprising length of time. I sure do love my Clara.

9 comments:
Clara is the best medicine. Jonathan will be the best recuperative therapy. You're a lucky Mom.
By the way, Jeremy is the best!
Where did she learn the word "quadriped?!!"
PBS, of course! She loves "Dinosaur Train."
Rachel I hope you are feeling better. I hope you are reading lots of books and enjoying it at least a little bit!
I hate to say it, but i am enjoying you illness. I do hope you feel better, but I am enjoying the additional blogging. Get better and good health to the rest.
I'm sorry you have been sick. That is awful! What kind of sickness did you have? Your children are just beautiful. I love Clara's curls. I can't believe your baby is 1! Where did the time go? I like how much Clara likes dinosaurs!
I should have known. Josephine loves that show, too! I have seen you mention Super Why, as well. Funny, because it is another one of Josephine's favorites. How cute that they are into the same shows. I love PBS. I was reading Maria something from The Friend magazine the other day, and the word Paleontology came up, and Josephine was like "Hey, like on Dinosaur Train!" I thought, how cool that my 3 year old recognized the word "paleontology"! Anyhow, I'm sorry that you are sick. Being sick totally sucks, and it sounds like you got a real doozy. I hope you are back to your humorous, sassy self soon. :)
Oh, I love Clara. And I have never even met her! She is such a smarty. I hope you are feeling better, Rock!
Post a Comment