Saturday, January 07, 2012

Germs

Jonathan: How small are germs?

Me: Pretty small. So small you can't even see them.

Jonathan: But how small are they?

Me: Really, really small. You can't see them without a microscope.

Jonathan (pinches his thumb and forefinger together): Like this small?

Me: Sure. Really, really small.

Jonathan: But how small?

Me: Well, what's the smallest thing you can think of?

Jonathan: A germ.

Me: Well, then I guess they're as small as a germ.

Jonathan (pinches his fingers together again): Like this small?

Me: Sure.

Jonathan: I can see that.

Me: Well, there you go.

Jonathan: I can see germs.

Me: What do they look like?

Jonathan: Like aliens. Like aliens jumping on trampolines.

And now you know.

7 comments:

MOM/SUSAN said...

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in the B. household when these profound conversations take place. Priceless.

Naomi said...

I love that little Bug!

Anna B said...

thanks, jonathan! so glad to know!

Katie said...

Matt and I are cracking up over this!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Gotta love conversations with toddlers!

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh, Johnathan...that is sooo darn cute!

Tandy said...

All this political junk all over the newspapers... THIS is the best thing I've read ALL WEEK!!!
Thanks, Jonathan. And thanks, to Jonathan's Mom! Rachel for President!