I wish I had a better picture of this particular ensemble, because it's just so Jonner. Nevertheless, I'm sure this gives you a good sense both of how awesome cowboy Spider-Man is and how awesome Jonathan is.
A few musings on my boy:
Jonathan has a great laugh, and he's had pretty much the same laugh since he was a baby. If you haven't heard him laugh for awhile, might I refer you to one of our favorite family videos, which we've christened "Deer Pop" (for reasons that will be clear to you upon reviewing the film). That's how he laughed at 12 months; that's pretty much how he laughs now.
One thing I love about Jonathan's laugh is how free and unrestrained it is. He's totally un-self-conscious about it, and it's a thing of beauty. Just tonight we were at an evening story time at the library, and he and several other kids got into a "snowball" fight with fiberfill. All of the kids were having fun, but nobody was laughing like Jonner. I overheard one parent say, "Do you hear that laugh? Don't you love it?" I do.
Today at dinner, Jonathan said, "Dad, what do your students call you?" Jeremy said, "Well, some of them call me Dr. B-----, some of them call me Professor, and some of them call me Mr. B-----." Jonathan chewed on that for awhile, then said, "When I'm in your office, your students usually call me Mr. Finnigan." We both looked at him quizzically, then I said, "Why do they call you Mr. Finnigan?" He replied, "Just like that guy in that book, that really creepy book."

Jonathan: lover of all things spooky, super, and awesome.

3 comments:
Oh, Deer Pop. Best ever. I just want to hear Jonner say "Mr. Finnigan."
seriously, that is the best laugh of all time.
Oh my heck...this is sooooo funny!!!
Post a Comment