Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter


We enjoyed a lovely Easter weekend. I actually didn't get any pictures of our Sunday activities, which is too bad since Clara was wearing the new dress I made her this week. I had thought to take one when we got home from a delicious Easter dinner with friends, but we were chagrined to discover on our return that she was covered front and back with some of her own brand of loosey-goosey filth. Happy Easter.

But despite the somewhat inauspicious ending to our day, our Easter was wonderful. When I was growing up, the Easter Bunny always came to our house on Saturday, so we've decided to carry on the tradition. Unfortunately, half of our Easter Bunny team was out late on Friday night and forgot about it when she came home. So the Easter Bunny had to come Saturday during Clara's nap. She didn't care. She was thrilled to find a candy necklace and three packages of Smarties in her basket, and she also enjoyed discovering the little stuffed dog and book about Jesus that I bought her several weeks ago and have just let her play with because I am lazy. Again, she was still pretty excited.

On Saturday morning we went to our ward Easter party, which was fun an full of energy. Clara does not always respond well to noisy crowds, and she's going through a little bout of separation anxiety, so she stayed pretty close to us. But we did convince her to pick up a few eggs, and I got teased by a few people on Sunday for being so over-protective of her eggs. Who could blame me? We were standing outside in 30 degree weather (thank goodness for the sun!) trying to coax Clara into picking up a mere four eggs, and just when she'd reach down to grab one, a big kid would try to take it from under her nose. Stay away, big kids! I think it's important to teach kids early to stand up for themselves. :)


On Easter Sunday we had a great, if busy, day at church, then went for and Easter feast/birthday party at our friends Julia and Spencer's house. Two other families were there as well, and we had delicious food and fantastic company.

I am grateful for Easter, not only for the opportunities to have fun and start fantasizing about spring in earnest, but also for the sweet reminder about the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for my faith in him.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Actually, Easter egg hunts are one of my biggest fears as a mother for the same reason. I cringe when I think of all the bully kids who are no doubt going to steal eggs from precious, innocent rebekahlo.

Unknown said...

Her Sunday Easter dress was darling too! She is so cute and she is such a joy to watch get so excited about the smallest things. It really makes you think that those are the things that really matter, all the little things in life! We love Clara!