Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's!


We had a fun day with our favorite leprechaun. I didn't do anything too fancy to mark this very special holiday (we were just discussing at dinner how little we know about the origins/meaning of St. Patrick's Day) but we did make sure to dress Clara in green, and we very wisely taught her how to pinch. She's been giving us the best "pinchy-pinchies" all day. I told Jeremy we should not encourage her to pinch, so we'll probably not bring it up again (well, I can only speak for myself; Jeremy thinks it's great). And you may also notice that we made sure she gave herself a nice bruise on her forehead on Friday so that it could be just the right shade of green by today. We really get into the minor holidays at our house.


Jeremy said his favorite part of the day was when I brought Clara around the corner this morning wearing her red jammies and this green necklace saying, "You can't pinch me, Dadoo!" Interesting note on the origins of the necklace: we bought two of these necklaces a couple of years ago when we were in Chicago during the St. Patrick's Day parade. Three dollars seemed like a ton for two cheap bead necklaces at the time, but clearly the gems continue to pay for themselves.

And this is Clara standing on her truck, as I was telling her not to (and taking her picture, of course) and warning her that if she persisted in standing on her truck she would fall on her face. And then she did. She did not seem bothered by it.

3 comments:

Ericka said...

I love how you guys coordinated the bruise perfectly with St. Patty's Day! How festive you are! Clara is such a pretty little girl! I see it is still freezing in the 'cuse!

Megan said...

I'm just gonna come right out and say it: Cutest St. Patrick's Pics Ever. Especially that first one. Adorable!

Tyler said...

Hey Rachel and family! I saw your comment on our blog a while back. Great to hear from you and see how you are doing! Send me your email address sometime.

Tyler Seibert (tmsneg_at_gmail.com)