I am keenly aware that I'm only about a week away from where I was when my water broke with Clara. I never really took a "late" pregnancy shot with her, so this is to remedy that, at least for my own memory. As an added bonus, this picture should prove conclusively to the doubters (Ericka) who don't think I look pregnant that there really is a baby in there.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
32 Weeks
I am keenly aware that I'm only about a week away from where I was when my water broke with Clara. I never really took a "late" pregnancy shot with her, so this is to remedy that, at least for my own memory. As an added bonus, this picture should prove conclusively to the doubters (Ericka) who don't think I look pregnant that there really is a baby in there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
My friend "Staci" (she leaves comments all the time on my blog, and she is Mica's new sister-in-law), she is my supplier for wrap fabric. I taught her how to make them, (NO sewing unless you want one exactly like my original). Her little boys cute blog is "Baby SMiles" on my links. If you feel like taking the time, you can scroll through all the pictures, (Miles is her first, so there are A LOT) and you can see some of the fabric she has found. I need her to buy some more fabric for me anyway, and you get two wraps out of one cut of fabric since you only use half the width. My original one is a very airy stretch nylon that I have yet to see in stores here, and I folded it in half length wise and sewed it. You can use any kind of strethy knit/spandex blend, that will work great for winter and keep him warm, but for summer, Staci is the way to go for fabric since she lives in such a hot place and they sell the non-hot fabric. :) You can find the fabric at Walmart for as little as $2/yd, or Joanns has it for more like $4. YOu need 5 1/2 yds. (I used 6 since I'm tall, you and Staci are both tiny petite things) I have a link on my post to MobyWrap.com too. Print out all the instructions and keep them handy. It takes some practice, but after a few tries, I could wrap myself in lightning speed with my eyes closed. Just practice. (Lindsay practices now using a stuffed animal, your husband can practice with Clara :) Because they are so cheap, I had a number of wraps to go with different outfits. I would just keep myself wrapped up and drive around doing errands that way, popping him in and out wherever we went. I can't tell you enough how much I LOVED this wrap when he was a baby! (plus it is kind of funky and you get LOTS of attention with it ;) I used a backpack with Jade, snuggly front pack or sling with Josh, and this is BY FAR THE BEST!!! Sorry, I should have just written you an email. :) I might still do that, since I have so many more things to say about this wrap. :) As well as tips for picking out fabric. (I bought a few dud fabrics that did not quite work, trial and error) I guess others can read all this too and catch the fever! :)
You know what, I'm just going to add to my post all the info, and keep it linked on my sidebar, since I get so many people asking about this and I just repeat myself all the time. So look for that in the next few days! ;) You look great! And you can wear the wrap right now around the house as support for your tummy instead of buying those maternity support bands. $Cheap, $cheap, $cheap, the way to go!!!
Okay, okay I believe you!! And you look like you are all baby, just in the tummy, you are still tiny everywhere else!! Wow, I can't believe that this is where you were at when Clara was born.....I'll say a prayer that this little guy sticks it out till the end.
You are like a magazine cover for pregnant people. How are you so tiny and have perfect hair and look so happy?
Emily--
I don't know the meaning of all things, but this I do know: I look happy because I'm smiling! :)
Yes, but what a cute pregnant lady you are!
You look great, and I'll also pray (along with your other family and friends) that your little guys stays in as long as you need him to.
Rachel - you look teeny tiny and so cute. your blog is my favorite. I gobble it up every time I click in. I wish i had your knack for noticing the special/odd/hilarity in the ordinary. Congrats on your new home and new place. How many times have you two moved in the last 6.5 years?? I'm excited to read your recommended books. Yay. So what time does Clara wake up if she goes to bed at 6:30? We like early bedtimes too, and my kids often seem tired at this time, but then I fear they'll wake up too early (I'm kind of a 7 am riser and cringe if the clock even reads 6:57). Have your read These is My Words? I read it recently and really liked it - just a thought, just in case :)
I'm praying for you and your little guy.
Love,
katie
p.s. i'm always jealous at all of the people who comment on your blog! how fun! thanks for making a point of leaving me a comment every now and then. you're one of my only fans. :)
Rachel - you look teeny tiny and so cute. your blog is my favorite. I gobble it up every time I click in. I wish i had your knack for noticing the special/odd/hilarity in the ordinary. Congrats on your new home and new place. How many times have you two moved in the last 6.5 years?? I'm excited to read your recommended books. Yay. So what time does Clara wake up if she goes to bed at 6:30? We like early bedtimes too, and my kids often seem tired at this time, but then I fear they'll wake up too early (I'm kind of a 7 am riser and cringe if the clock even reads 6:57). Have your read These is My Words? I read it recently and really liked it - just a thought, just in case :)
I'm praying for you and your little guy.
Love,
katie
p.s. i'm always jealous at all of the people who comment on your blog! how fun! thanks for making a point of leaving me a comment every now and then. you're one of my only fans. :)
You may not feel completely amazing, but you sure look amazing pregnant! Lucky girl.
Now you need to take another one with daddy & Clara touching your belly... *heheheh* that would be cute!
Post a Comment