I don't think I mentioned that we recently took Clara for an eventful trip to see her new allergist, where we came armed with a half-gallon of whole milk and pushed for an immediate "oral challenge," since her recent allergy test results came back close to negative on the milk front. The doctor consented to the oral challenge, and we spent the next three hours trying to coax ever-increasing amounts of moo juice into Clara's stubborn gullet. We even had a bottle of chocolate syrup with us, which helped a bit, but she did not want to drink the milk, thank you very much, and by the time we were done she had more chocolate milk on her (now ruined) shirt than she probably had in her tummy.
The allergist decided that she'd ingested enough to feel confident that she has indeed "outgrown" her milk allergy, so we have been reveling in the freedom to cook with and snack on dairy products. She will now drink milk if she's in the right mood, but mostly we've been "milking down" her soy milk to help her get used to the new flavor. Yay, milk! I can't see us totally giving up soy milk anytime in the near future (even Jeremy and I quite like it), but it's nice to have options.
Next summer we'll retest for eggs and peanuts. You never can tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like your new blog background too!! And YAY, Clara gets to have milk!! And as for that backpack leash I have to say...I LOVE IT!!! I can't tell you how many times I have chased Jackson around a crowded shopping center with my big ole' belly just out there....it was soooo embarrassing and with that leash he has his freedom and I don't have to worry about him running!! I got it at walmart! I highly recommend (sp) it!!! And yes, I would love to see the profile shot!!!
YEAHHHHH!!!! That is so wonderful! Life with out a milk allergy is wonderful! You can totally work around Peanuts. I am so HAPPY for ALL OF YOU!!! HURRRAYYYYY!!
i start every day with a half gallon of whole milk. makes my hair shiny and gets the endorphines going. i'm glad that clara will now know the joys and benefits that only milk fat can bring to your life.
Yay! No more milk allergies! You can have pizza! And normal ice cream! Good times...
Post a Comment