Saturday, July 12, 2008

And we're back...


Well, loyal readers, it's been awhile, but I'm happy to be back with my first original post in nearly a month. We are happily settling in to our new home in the Inland Empire, and I honestly have a difficult time imagining a more wonderful place to live. We just returned from the second leg of a city park extravaganza to celebrate the opening of a new bike path between three of the city parks. Much food and fun to be had in beautiful weather. As we pulled into our garage for a pit stop before heading out for free Dutch oven dinner later this evening at the last of the three-park tour, I said, "I can't imagine living anywhere better than this!" And yes, I realize that it's difficult not to be happy in summertime weather that typically hovers around 80 degrees, and I realize that we have a long winter ahead of us, but none of this troubles me. All we've done in our marriage is slog through long winters, and I can't imagine even north Idaho gets more snow than scenic S-Y, NY!

And I will also freely admit that life seems much more rosy since my whole family is back together. I know our seven week separation was for a good cause (I've just got to carry this baby to term this time!), but I truly felt each of those 42 days away from Jeremy. Brutal. We are much happier to be settled and following each other around like lost puppies. And Clara loves having Dada back as well. If he leaves the house at all, she wanders around saying, "Dada! Dada!" until I reassure her of a swift return.

Here are a few pictures to whet your waiting whistle for the adventures and intrigue that lie ahead...



7 comments:

Ericka said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are priceless! I love it when daddies snuggle up to their babies!! It's so cute! And it does look like you guys live in paradise!! Being an Idaho girl myself, I love all that the state has to offer!! And I am sure you won't be getting 12 FEET of snow in a matter of hours living where you live now!! :) Glad to see you settled!!

Ericka said...

p.s. you should look into Karate for Clara, that is quite the kick she has there!!!

Harlin Family said...

Aww, I am so jealous when I see those pictures of beautiful CDA. Tyson and I have longings for it once in a while, especially when we see a picture of it. You will have a lot of fun there. It is cool to have family there too. We'll probably see you on a visit there sometime. By the way, this is your cousin Rachelle. I didn't know if you would know who "the family" was. Now you do.

Rachel said...

Ericka,

That kick is one of Clara's "big steps." She used to think she had to get down on her hands and knees to get over a gap in the sidewalk, so we taught her to take big steps. And boy are they big!

And Rachelle,

I wouldn't have known who "the family" was, but I'm glad to know it's you! :) I do hope we get to see you sometime when you're up visiting!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Rachel, how dare you like Idaho better than Syracuse! You are supposed to be miserable and crying your eyes out each night because of how much you are missing me! Sigh. Okay, so I guess I can be happy for you. But I would really feel much better if I got to hear the Gatorade bottle story again...

Megan said...

Well, I already miss Clara and her big steps. They're my favorite! Also, I love her beach outfit, and that adorable red dress. And I can't believe I forgot about her love of wooden spoons when she was here! That would of sealed the win in my campaign for Favorite Aunt-dom. Oh well, she looks pretty content to have Dada back and two wooden spoons. What a tender girl!

Britt said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back to blogging you had me worried there for minute. I love the pictures, especially that cute getup that Clara has on to go swimming. It looks like you guys are doing well and enjoying your new home.