Tuesday, November 04, 2008

An historic birthday




Forget the election: in our house this has been a day of joy and celebration! Today is Clara's second birthday, and we've had a wonderful day marking this auspicious occasion. Here are ten things we love about Clara:

1. She loves to read. We recently discovered that she has memorized all of her favorite books. Now when we read to her we leave out random words and she fills them in. Much fun is had by all.
2. She sleeps 12 hours at night. No elaboration required.
3. She loves being a big sister, and she is very soft and loving with Jonathan. And she sometimes accidentally gives him roundhouse kicks to the face. But mostly she is just very soft.
4. She has beautiful, big, blue eyes.
5. She has an enormous head. Seriously: it's off the charts.
6. She loves to dance and spin. And when she spins, her eyes are on the opposite side of her body, away from her spin. It's amazing. And kind of creepy.
7. She has an insatiable curiosity and a contagious zest for learning new things.
8. She brings light and joy into other people's lives. Seeing her make people smile makes us smile.
9. She's fiesty. This is something to love, and also something that kind of makes our heads want to explode from time to time.
10. She loves Jesus.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Clara!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday CB! I feel bad for not singing Happy Birthday today! I hear sometimes she wakes up from her short rests asking after me. That has a tendency to make a girl feel special.

MOM/SUSAN said...

What a blessing to be able to celebrate the birthday of a 'child of light' on a day otherwise filled with worldly angst. Great planning you two!

Robyn DeGaetano said...

I love the pictures! She sure is a sweet girl! By the way, I had no idea that she and my sister Dana shared a birthday! Dana is a cool, cool, gal, so this is a good thing :)

Happy Birthday Clara!

Ericka said...

Wow, Happy late birthday sweet Clara!! She is so cute, I love seeing your posts and watching all the videos! Ya got yourself a keeper there!!

Rebekah said...

12 hours? you go, girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Brithday CLARA!! Can I just say one thing I love about Clara! She is just so happy and always had a smile on her face when ever she saw me. I am sure she doesn't even remember me now but man I love that little girl!

Taunya said...

Happy Birthday to Clara! She is so sweet .

The Tolboe family said...

She is adorable. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARA. How fun. Enjoy every moment with these precious children... we sure are!