Yes, that says best MOVE, not best movie (though I'll be getting to that, too).
With so many to choose from (ha!), it's hard to pin down the best move of 2011.
OK. It's not that hard.
We technically moved just twice in 2011. In early January, we moved from St. Paul to Syracuse. Then, in July, we moved from Syracuse to Missouri, via Utah (since it's totally on the way, right?).
We really enjoyed our time in Syracuse. We loved seeing so many dear friends from our first years living there, and we made several new, wonderful friends that I know we'll cherish forever. It was a good five months. But, at the same time, it was only five months. We knew we weren't moving there forever, which is why the best move of 2011 goes to...Missouri.
I was never one of those little girls who dreamed of growing up and moving to rural Missouri (strange, I know). But now that I'm hear I can truthfully say that it's not nearly as bad as I feared! (I know I have some 'local' readers on this blog, but surely you can sympathize with my apprehensions about moving here without ever having seen it!) There are so many things I like about our new home. It's a lovely part of the country. It's a cozy community. We feel truly at home in our new branch (congregation) at church. We love the stability of a paycheck that comes every month, all year long.
Most important, we love that we don't have to move in five months. We love that very much. In fact, we're almost to our five month mark, so in just a few weeks, we will have lived here for longer than we lived in our past two homes. That's a very pleasant feeling, indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment