Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two-fer

Jeremy and my brother Christopher have a few very important things in common: they are both the youngest, they are both the only boys in their families, and they both have three older sisters. They have other great things in common, too (juvenile humor comes most immediately to mind), but those first few things were certainly enough to instantly create a bond that has only deepened over the years. I really love Jeremy, and I really love my brother, and I'm glad they're friends.

And if you're wondering about the best way to raise a son who is sensitive, values peace, understands women, and knows when to lay low, I'll give you this piece of advice: have three girls first.


Three cheers for two wonderful men. Huzzah!

Incidentally, you may notice an alarming amount of root beer in the background. This is easily explained as my family's annual root beer taste test. That might be worth of a post itself. (Here's a hint: Dad's Root Beer did not come out on top.)

3 comments:

Tandy said...

NO WAY!!! YOU do rootbeer taste tests too? yet another mysterious reason why we were destined to get along! so which one won?

MOM/SUSAN said...

Look at those handsome guys! Great post Rachel. I can't wait to see all four of my 'guys' together in just a few days!

Chris said...

Thanks Rach! I'm looking forward to seeing you and my besty Jeremy at Thanksgiving :)