Friday, March 06, 2009

Six Months


Jonathan is six months old today. How did that happen? We celebrated the big day by giving him some really liquidy rice cereal for the very first time. What a milestone.



In honor of our sweet baby boy, here is a list of some of the very many things we love about Jonathan:

1. His fuzzy, barely-there hair.
2. That he'll smile at you every time you make eye contact with him.
3. The smell of his breath. If I could bottle up that smell and carry it with me forever, I would. Now that he's starting to eat solids I'm sure the quality of his breath will change. I will miss that smell.
4. His soft skin.
5. His snuggly rotundness.

Oh, he is a sweet, sweet baby. We are big fans.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say..he is sooo cute. Something about him is just makes you smile. Maybe it's all the roundness, i love it :)

MOM/SUSAN said...

I can't believe how different he looks.He seems much older. Maybe it's the sitting up in the booster chair. Yup, that's got to be it. Anyway, he is just so so cute (and looks even more like Clara than before!). Oh, I can't wait to seem him in person again!

Ericka said...

That is so cute...he is adorable! His little face is perfect! We started Charlie just a couple of days ago on rice and it took him a while to get the hang of swallowing it. And I too LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of Charlie's breath! Why does it smell so good!? So cute!!

Emily said...

I'm surprised that boyish boy would eat anything out of a PINK bowl! (Nick's had his fair share of pink bibs and blankets. You gotta do what you gotta do in times like these.)

Megan said...

Heavens to Betsy it's hard to handle that much cute. Thanks again for providing a new wallpaper image for my computer.

Unknown said...

What a sweet boy, I can't belive how much he looks like Clara! He is so cute, they just grow up way too fast! Thanks for always checking our blog and letting us know were loved! Sure miss you!

The Tolboe family said...

Rachel... cute boy! I too love babies breath. I loved to hear little Clara's voice in the back ground. Such a sweet sound.

The Tolboe family said...

Rachel... cute boy! I too love babies breath. I loved to hear little Clara's voice in the back ground. Such a sweet sound.

Taunya said...

Oh...he is so cute! It is amazing how quickly they grow up.

Rebekah said...

a convert, yes!

i read 'excellent women', which i think is her most famous work. i just got 'quartet in autumn' from my library.

Robyn DeGaetano said...

wow, this kid really IS cute! And I love Clara's commentary in the background.

Autumn said...

So sweet. The new tastes adventure begins! (I have a feeling that as a baby I really enjoyed this part.)

Unknown said...

Rachel, Jonathan is soooo cute!!! He is adorable! And Clara's little voice.... I miss her. I miss you guys too, but I miss Clara the most. Going to church is just not the same without her.